Museum logo

Items with Images Only

Search Hints: To search by phrase wrap your criteria in quotes. ex: "Find me"

6307 results found. Records searched: 6307

Image of PO.003.0079.1 - Old engine on slightly elevated track. Two sets of railroad tracks, second track raised slightly by extra timbers under the track. Mount Si is in the distance. White store front far left beyond engine. Tall smoke stack on front of engine. No windows in cab. Coal car in back with name along side: Snoqualmie Mill Company.

Snoqualmie Mill Co Locomotive used in 1890s. Mill was located across County road from Weyerhaeuser Barker Building. Same log pond used by both companies. Concrete engine hoses can still be seen from the road. Picture was taken before the engine was sent to Seattle to be dismantled for scrap metal.

From Valley Record, "When this picture was taken in 1895, the engine was on its way to the junk yard. The engine came to the Valley in 1889, to serve the Snoqualmie Mill that stood across the river from Snoqualmie. The mill burned in 1895. The old engine pulled a train from the mill to the orchard. Dio Reinig recalls that Mrs. Alfred Coppers who still lived in Fall City used to ride to school on this train."

Snoqualmie Mill Company which was formerly situated at the outlet of a lake now referred to as SMC Lake. Lower SMC Falls is accessed from the Spur 10 Gate on the Snoqualmie Tree Farm north of North Bend. From North Bend, head north on Ballarat Avenue which later becomes North Fork County Road. Just under 4 miles from town, the road forks; head left (uphill). About 3 3/4 miles later you'll reach Spur 10 Gate (on the right) where a major cross road intersects the North Fork Road. Park and or bike the gated road for 1 1/2 miles to a three-way junction just past the bridge over the North Fork Snoqualmie River. Head right and then stay right at a second gated road where a rude sign points toward "Black Crik". The stream is crossed in another 1/2 mile, with the falls about 200 feet upstream.

PO.003.0079.1 - Old engine on slightly elevated track. Two sets of railroad tracks, second track raised slightly by extra timbers under the track. Mount Si is in the distance. White store front far left beyond engine. Tall smoke stack on front of engine. No windows in cab. Coal car in back with name along side: Snoqualmie Mill Company. Snoqualmie Mill Co Locomotive used in 1890s. Mill was located across County road from Weyerhaeuser Barker Building. Same log pond used by both companies. Concrete engine hoses can still be seen from the road. Picture was taken before the engine was sent to Seattle to be dismantled for scrap metal. From Valley Record, "When this picture was taken in 1895, the engine was on its way to the junk yard. The engine came to the Valley in 1889, to serve the Snoqualmie Mill that stood across the river from Snoqualmie. The mill burned in 1895. The old engine pulled a train from the mill to the orchard. Dio Reinig recalls that Mrs. Alfred Coppers who still lived in Fall City used to ride to school on this train." Snoqualmie Mill Company which was formerly situated at the outlet of a lake now referred to as SMC Lake. Lower SMC Falls is accessed from the Spur 10 Gate on the Snoqualmie Tree Farm north of North Bend. From North Bend, head north on Ballarat Avenue which later becomes North Fork County Road. Just under 4 miles from town, the road forks; head left (uphill). About 3 3/4 miles later you'll reach Spur 10 Gate (on the right) where a major cross road intersects the North Fork Road. Park and or bike the gated road for 1 1/2 miles to a three-way junction just past the bridge over the North Fork Snoqualmie River. Head right and then stay right at a second gated road where a rude sign points toward "Black Crik". The stream is crossed in another 1/2 mile, with the falls about 200 feet upstream.

Record Type: Photo

Image of PO.003.0079.2 - Old engine on slightly elevated track. Two sets of railroad tracks, second track raised slightly by extra timbers under the track. Mount Si is in the distance. White store front far left beyond engine. Tall smoke stack on front of engine. No windows in cab. Coal car in back with name along side: Snoqualmie Mill Company.

Snoqualmie Mill Co Locomotive used in 1890s. Mill was located across County road from Weyerhaeuser Barker Building. Same log pond used by both companies. Concrete engine hoses can still be seen from the road. Picture was taken before the engine was sent to Seattle to be dismantled for scrap metal.

From Valley Record, "When this picture was taken in 1895, the engine was on its way to the junk yard. The engine came to the Valley in 1889, to serve the Snoqualmie Mill that stood across the river from Snoqualmie. The mill burned in 1895. The old engine pulled a train from the mill to the orchard. Dio Reinig recalls that Mrs. Alfred Coppers who still lived in Fall City used to ride to school on this train."

Snoqualmie Mill Company which was formerly situated at the outlet of a lake now referred to as SMC Lake. Lower SMC Falls is accessed from the Spur 10 Gate on the Snoqualmie Tree Farm north of North Bend. From North Bend, head north on Ballarat Avenue which later becomes North Fork County Road. Just under 4 miles from town, the road forks; head left (uphill). About 3 3/4 miles later you'll reach Spur 10 Gate (on the right) where a major cross road intersects the North Fork Road. Park and or bike the gated road for 1 1/2 miles to a three-way junction just past the bridge over the North Fork Snoqualmie River. Head right and then stay right at a second gated road where a rude sign points towards "Black Crik". The stream is crossed in another 1/2 mile, with the falls about 200 feet upstream.

PO.003.0079.2 - Old engine on slightly elevated track. Two sets of railroad tracks, second track raised slightly by extra timbers under the track. Mount Si is in the distance. White store front far left beyond engine. Tall smoke stack on front of engine. No windows in cab. Coal car in back with name along side: Snoqualmie Mill Company. Snoqualmie Mill Co Locomotive used in 1890s. Mill was located across County road from Weyerhaeuser Barker Building. Same log pond used by both companies. Concrete engine hoses can still be seen from the road. Picture was taken before the engine was sent to Seattle to be dismantled for scrap metal. From Valley Record, "When this picture was taken in 1895, the engine was on its way to the junk yard. The engine came to the Valley in 1889, to serve the Snoqualmie Mill that stood across the river from Snoqualmie. The mill burned in 1895. The old engine pulled a train from the mill to the orchard. Dio Reinig recalls that Mrs. Alfred Coppers who still lived in Fall City used to ride to school on this train." Snoqualmie Mill Company which was formerly situated at the outlet of a lake now referred to as SMC Lake. Lower SMC Falls is accessed from the Spur 10 Gate on the Snoqualmie Tree Farm north of North Bend. From North Bend, head north on Ballarat Avenue which later becomes North Fork County Road. Just under 4 miles from town, the road forks; head left (uphill). About 3 3/4 miles later you'll reach Spur 10 Gate (on the right) where a major cross road intersects the North Fork Road. Park and or bike the gated road for 1 1/2 miles to a three-way junction just past the bridge over the North Fork Snoqualmie River. Head right and then stay right at a second gated road where a rude sign points towards "Black Crik". The stream is crossed in another 1/2 mile, with the falls about 200 feet upstream.

Record Type: Photo